If you want something new, you have to stop doing something old. Looking for something modern and creative? Try our new releases!
It’s about our problem solving history. Not always glorious, sometimes embarrassing, but we’ll keep on trying!
Along with Twofoo Search, we now have Twofoo Catcher for Windows 7/Vista. It also supports the desktop mode of Windows 8.1/8.
If you’re using Windows 7/Vista or prefer using the desktop mode of Windows 8.1/8, simply install and run Twofoo Catcher. It shows a QR code as soon as it’s launched and automatically closes itself when the QR code is successfully scanned from our Windows Phone apps.
- Fil3Tr33 share server now has an option to show an alternative IP-based server access address. Its performance also has been improved.
- You can now change “share mode” (full/read-only) while Fil3Tr33 share server is running.
- Fil3Tr33 now has “open in pc” menu for each file. When you select this menu, Fil3Tr33 starts its camera scanner for scanning a QR code shown in Twofoo Search. Once you scan the QR code, Fil3Tr33 automatically configures and starts its share server, and let the PC directly open the selected file. (Twofoo Search is a free app available through Windows Store.)
- Fil3tr33 can now edit Internet shortcut (.URL or .WEBSITE) files. An Internet shortcut file can also be created from Internet Explorer by using its “share page” menu.
Files from other apps can now be copied to Fil3Tr33 by using the Share feature of Windows Phone.
Windows Phone 8.1 “looks” similar to 8.0. BUT, it’s a completely different beast underneath. It unleashed Windows Runtime to Windows Phone developers. It’s optional and requires extra steps, but adapting it tremendously helps us developers easily and efficiently target two platforms, Windows and Windows Phone, at the same time.
We have been taming this beast; rebuilding in-house libraries, experimenting with new and unique user interfaces and etc. And we now finally have a brand new 8.1 app, Fil3Tr33!
When you start Fil3Tr33, you’ll definitely notice our unique user interface elements such as the top path bar that automatically hides itself when you scroll up the listing; showing you more entries instead of blocking the view.
Our Share server engine also has been improved and it now includes its own name server; you can use a “name” to access Fil3Tr33 Share server and you no longer get that annoying security warnings when you copy or move files from the server.
For your information, our Share server engine that turns your Windows Phone into a SMB file server is our own creation specifically designed and optimized for mobile platforms such as Windows Phone. It is lightweight and runs within the security boundaries set for an app; you definitely don’t need to jail-break or root your phone to use it!
When a new software platform is announced and looks interesting, we first carryout test projects for exploring features and shortcomings of the new platform. We, of course, have such projects for Windows 8.1 and one of those projects became quite useful and we realized its true potentials. It’s called Twofoo and we decided to continue its development as a standalone product and provide support.
The concept of Twofoo is simple; opening two websites side by side with one search. But it’s not just about opening two websites; Twofoo is about getting information from trusted sources with different point of views.
When you do your search in Google, you’re seeing the world in Google’s point of view. The search results it shows are based on its algorithms and philosophy. It’s telling you that the websites on the first page of its search results are “better” than the rest. It’s not wrong; it just shows how Google interprets the world.
Aren’t you curious how the world would look in others’ point of view? Try adding Bing, Yahoo or any one of those “other” search engines next to Google and do your search in Twofoo!
You can in fact pair any two websites and pin it to Start screen in Twofoo. For those special website combos, you can seamlessly access Twofoo directory server within web browsers in Twofoo. We’ll be managing Twofoo directory server to include high quality websites worth visiting instead of every websites on the Internet. As Twofoo supports Windows Share charm, you can also easily add your own websites and manage them locally while using other apps such as Internet Explorer.
You can install and use Twofoo for free from Windows Store:
All in all, we are happy to officially announce our new Twofoo and we hope it becomes your favorite app for Windows 8.1.
Choung Park / Lead Developer
Please drop us a line. We’d love to hear from you!
- Scan a QR code and directly upload files to your PC over Wi-Fi!January 31, 2015
- Fil3Tr33 version 3.1.0 is submitted to Windows Phone StoreJanuary 19, 2015
- NEW! Get Fil3Tr33 and turn your Windows Phone into a wireless flash drive!January 7, 2015